<body> <body> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?blogID=9700912" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>

MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a MySpace Playlist at MixPod.com

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Came across this in an ol' article:

The 3 lies Hollywood tells us are:
1) Movies and television are just harmless diversions. They only entertain people; they don't influence people.
2) The media just reflect reality; they don't shape reality; and
3) The entertainment industry just gives the public what it wants. If you don't like it, turn off the TV or skip the movie.



On my part, I would say that this is incorrect. However, I think it is highly unfair to judge that the fault lies solely on them. WE ALL KNOW, the media does influence us, the only difference to every individual is to what extent to which we are influenced by it. Its undeniable that many chase after materialistic possessions where there is constant publicity for the item. I too am a victim to such.. A very good example is the cell phone. Whenever a new and latest gadget arrives.. Many admire with much awe.. And regardless of the price, the high end users willingly part with their cash. It becomes so much of a status. Entertainment?! True. Yet often and not, especially the younger ones will learn and pick up whatever is portrayed in a show. Just looking at my brother, after watching a show he will learn how to speak and behave like them. Yes, you may say because he is a child. Adults too unconsciously imitate without their own knowledge. And they often never admit to it. Fact is the mass media redefines our idea of normality.

Reflect Reality? Utter bullshit. Is it not true that we watch a show or movie wishing that your own personal life reflects like how it is in the movies?? For myself, watching a show often is an avenue to dream about things that would not happen in real. Good example, Watching the latest Harry Potter. Its a fantasy world that mesmerize thousands and thousands of kids. And I would like to think that the things we see gives us hope rather than demolish the ideals that people would have.
There are though, many others that do bring out the cruelty of this world. And yes, in this case it does reflect reality to some extent. Yet again, we can't always believe everything we read and watch. Its up to us to decide on that.

In many shows these days, the F word jus seems to be a norm. In the past, it was never allowed. It becomes a word that its used for every possible reason when you are upset. I use it too, however, how some use it for no rhyme or reason makes it hard to apprehend. Like, its no offense to anyone in particular, but imagine some people who adds in to almost everything they do or say.

eg: It has been such a F-ing day. I've been out with all my girlfriends to the mall and all...OMFG.. Did u see tt F-ing dress? Its like so F-ing gorgeous..I so F-ing gotta get it.

okay. That was exaggerated. Still.. you get my point. It almost seems like that is the only four letter word they know.
Turn off the tv or don't watch the movie if u don't like? Like honestly. "You can run but you can't hide." That's the way with popular culture. YOU CANNOT AVOID IT. Example. Singer Madonna. She's been in the music industry for so many yrs.. I may intentionally listen to her music.. but i know who she is, what she looks like. I never choose to be aware of her. The media does that.
Even if its a Tv show. Example, the OC. Like if i dont watch it.. and half the class talks bout it all the time. Wont you be curious to watch it? Even if others say its full of crap? It will just get back to you.

I do think i am one of the few culprits. I used to be a TV freak. I can watch TV almost 24/7. Watching all types of show.. even reruns. How sad can i get? I wonder why sometimes. Is it because my parents does not restrict me? Or just coz they do it too.. Come to think of it.. i think i didnt have much of a life..okie. correction. Much of a SOCIAL life.

The big question. WHY? I think its just how i was in secondary school. Initially i was a nobody. I didnt had fixed friends.. I seem to hop from one group of friends to another. I never got an answer to that.. I was a drifter you may say. Not till i was in sec 2. When i got my exco post. Than i practically was in sch all the time. Even during holis. Whilst my friends ask me out, i'll have to reject them knowing i have datelines to meet. Gradually i just wasn't close to many of em. It becomes worst when i promoted. I spent litarally all my time with my exco. It was not anything bad. The times we spent together were great. But just that i missed out on many other things. Was not much of a friend.. Though my good friend was really sweet.. She would used to wait for me to finish my meetings and go home together.. ((: yeah. Think thats why i used to spend most of my time watching telly. Coz most of my friends wont bother asking me out. And i used to hang outta with the weirdest combination of friends. Imagine Ah beng & lians and the bookworms too. i dunno. it was jus funny thn. Just long stories laz.

Now.. everyone is just so busy with thier studies and thier own life.. We hardly meet. It comes to a point. When i want to go out.. I don't even know who i can call?? Sad, but true. The lonliness just creeps in quietly.. unknowingly accepting such a fate.

Do not know if i should be happy or sad sometimes. Learn from uncle. One must always be mindful of everything you do. And to concentrate and not do many things at a time. Otherwise you'll lose focus easily. maybe.

Christmas is round the corner. I want to feel the warm and fuzzy feeling of christmas once again. I really wish... ...

feelings revealed, 7:27 PM
live righteously -.


The dsyfunctional kid -.

Germaine J.W.
13th.Aug.
Stronger thn ever.

Sparkles in my life -.

x Family.
x all my little chipmunks in my life.
x you noe who you are =)

Wisdomry -.

Hope transforms pessimism into optimism.





Website Visitor Analyzer

Worldly Desires -.

x driving license.
x job that i can do to noe i'll not
need to work ever again.
Notsooworldlynow...
x grow spiritually.
x less judgemental.
x be pillar of strength.
x open my eyes, ears and soul more.

God sent angels from above -.

*Me.Myself.&.I
*NicJo
*JoN
*Becca
*Rebecca.Ng
*Dawn
*ShiQi
*WeiYing
*

Whispering wonders -.

Reminiscence -.

October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
December 2006
January 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011
August 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011

Artistic Creators -.

jocelyn
deviantart